By participating in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp and its related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees to the following consents, license, releases and waivers of liabilities:
Consent to Medical Treatment; Representation of Health
I hereby authorize the onsite Athletic Trainer to administer such diagnostic & therapeutic procedures, including basic first aid, as they deem necessary for Camper. In an emergency, if Emergency Contact Person is unavailable, Emergency Medical Technicians will be called. I also authorize the onsite Athletic Trainer to release information of such care to health insurance carriers for the purpose of determining insurance coverage for Camper. Other than any medical conditions and/or allergies stated below, I represent that Camper is in good health and is physically and mentally capable of participating in Santa Monica Soccer Academy activities.
I hereby agree that Santa Monica Soccer Academy, its directors, employees and representatives shall have the right to interview, photograph, and/or videotape Camper during his or her participation in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp, and I hereby grant Santa Monica Soccer Academy and/or its representatives a royalty-free license to use such materials and his or her name and likeness for educational, public relations, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or other limitation and without approval or additional consideration. I release Santa Monica Soccer Academy, its directors, employees, and representatives from any and all liability in connection with such actions.
General Release and Waiver of Claims
I hereby acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
(1) The risk of injury to Camper from the activities involved in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death and, while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
(2) COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. It is believed that an individual can be in infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. Santa Monica Soccer Academy has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, Santa Monica Soccer Academy cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. Participation in Santa Monica Soccer Academy athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity, could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I ACKOWLEDGE the contagious nature of COVID-19 and VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in a Santa Monica Soccer Academy sports program(s), related event, or activity, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a Santa Monica Soccer Academy athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others, including, but not limited to, Santa Monica Soccer Academy employees, volunteers, and program participants. I UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL the foregoing risks related to COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility for any injury or illness that may occur. Further, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Santa Monica Soccer Academy, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Santa Monica Soccer Academy athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity. and
(3) FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, AND CAMPER, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SANTA MONICA SOCCER ACADEMY, its directors, employees, representatives, participants, spectators or others, and assume full responsibility for Camper’s participation in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp, and I understand and acknowledge that this release extends to occurrences which arise out of my or Camper’s control; and
(4) I willingly agree to comply with Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp’s terms and conditions for participation, as they shall be stated before and during the camp and/or as are otherwise considered customary for similar activities. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp, I will remove my child from participation and bring such attention of the nearest camp official immediately; and,
(5) FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, CAMPER, AND MY/OUR HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS Santa Monica Soccer Academy, its directors, employees, representatives, participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL DEMANDS, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, INCIDENTS, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE to person or property incident to, or which may arise from or in connection with, my or Camper’s involvement or participation in the Santa Monica Soccer Academy Camp, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and
(6) I hereby agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of California and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect; and
(7) I acknowledge that this Release is made in the State of California and shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed entirely therein without regard to conflicts of laws principles. I agree and consent that jurisdiction and venue of all matters relating to this Release shall be vested exclusively in the Federal, state and local courts within Los Angeles County, California. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.